Okay, so on Christmas eve evening I was letting out a dog to do what dogs do twice a day, when I heard sirens. And I mean a lot of sirens. Close by. I thought: Fire? Robbery? Drug bust? They were on another block, and I could see the lights through the trees, but couldn't tell what was going on. They stopped in one place for awhile and then moved off. They turned onto the street I was on, moving very slowly with the sirens on, and I saw: a police car, a fire truck, and a ladder truck with Santa perched on top. They had rigged up a spotlight so you could see him, and he was waving at everyone as he went by.
I'm guessing the sleigh was in the shop. :)
3 comments:
They do this every year. You never saw them going by mom & dad's place as a kid?
Nope. I looked online and this seems to be fairly common, but I don't ever remember seeing it done.
Huh. Admittedly, they didn't go by mom & dad's much at least until I was in high school, so I'm not too surprised that you missed it.
Post a Comment