As a family of six, we go through a lot of food. For example, on some days, between toast and sandwiches,
we go through a whole loaf of bread by lunchtime. And this is when the kids are grade-school
age. I shudder to think what will happen
when they're teenagers and have the appetite of a swarm of locusts, devouring
everything in sight.
Our rebate check* from Costco came recently, so yesterday I
made the trek to Costco to stock up on everything.
Here are the essentials I got:
- 18 pounds of hamburger (6 of which got turned into approximately a billion meatballs)
- 16 pounds of chicken; poached, chopped, divided into ziploc bags, then frozen by me
- 2 whole chickens
- 8 pounds of pork tenderloin
- 12 pounds of pork chops
- 12 pounds kielbasa sausage
- 10 pounds of flank steak
- 6 pounds Italian sausage
- 14 loaves of bread
- 50 pounds of sugar (canning season is coming, must be ready)
- 12 pounds of butter
- 6 pounds of grapes
- 3 dozen eggs
- 4 gallons of milk
- 6 pounds of cheese
And in case you're wondering, we have a large freezer in the
basement to hold most of this stuff. I'm not sure how long it will
take to go through all this food, but I'd say we're good for meat for a good loooonnnng
time. As long as Pepco keeps our power
on.
*We have an American Express card that gives us cash back in
the form of money to spend at Costco.
4 comments:
are you coming to visit today or not?
Way to go! I should prepare and freeze ahead like you do. I think I will give it a try!
Oy! That's a lot of food! But I bet you got great prices. :o) Fennel does reseed a bit but not much. I would never consider it a thug at all. Plus the seedlings are super easy to pull should any pop up.
Thank you for the recipes!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/bahasa-daerah-di-indonesia
Post a Comment