This week seven years ago Jesse joined our family and changed our lives. No more sleeping in and carefree living for us. He changed us into responsible adults (sort of--it's been a work in progress), and we wouldn't change a minute of it, except for maybe all the throwing up and exploding diaper parts. He's gone from a baby of seven and a half pounds to a boy who is probably close to 60 pounds. And even though he's getting a little too big for it, he still loves to sit in laps.
What wonderful things can I say about Jesse? Well, Jesse is very responsible and will pick up Michael's slack when it's time to clean up. He loves to follow rules, and he will (sometimes) punish himself when he does something he knows he's not supposed to do. His other great strength is his fantastic memory. He was spelling words when he was two and a half. The other day he read a friends phone number on a birthday invitation and later repeated it back to me without even looking at it (zip code + phone number).
My parenting skills have little to do with how Jesse has turned out so far. Since he was the first child I was making it up as I went along. I suppose I'm still winging it. And if my parenting could produce sweet, obedient children then Michael would be a very different person than he is today. Children come to earth with personalities, and whoever came up with the theory that children are blank slates was obviously never a parent.
And now for a bunch of pictures:
 |
| Home from the hospital |
 |
| awww, so little |
 |
6 months
 |
| age 6.5 |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment