Saturday, November 20, 2010

Peter's first word

Peter helping to rake the leaves
I'm not totally sure, but I think Peter may have his first word.  Ready?  Its "agn."  I'll bet you're impressed.  He says it when he wants us to do something again.  He's been saying it for a little while now, but I wasn't totally sure it meant anything.  Last night I was tossing Peter onto my bed (you know, just to get him all riled up before Curtis put him to bed) and after every toss he said, "agn."  So I made a big deal about it and tossed him again and again until my arms fell off.

In other Peter news, Peter will now climb the stairs by himself.  He did this while I wasn't looking and so, of course, fell down the stairs while he was part way up.  At least I think he was only part way up.  There were only two or three bumps before he hit the bottom.  He has a nice lump on his forehead now.  Good thing babies are tougher than they first appear.

Also, Peter is finally starting to get over his cold.  He's been a major monster this last week.  Between not feeling well and getting in some molars, he has been screaming at me all day for the last week.  I only got a break when he was eating and sleeping.  Consequently, Peter spent a lot of time in his crib this week.  If he's going to scream whether I hold him or not, he's going to scream in his crib as opposed to in my ear.  I wouldn't leave him there all day, just for maybe 20-30 minutes at a time so I could keep my sanity.  I'll bet you can guess how excited I was to get out of the house today for an all-day Cub Scout training PowWow.....

No comments: