After the kids were in bed and the house was quiet (a relative term since the kids don't knock off right away), Curtis and I listened to the quiet outside. We could hear the distant (and not so distant) cracks and pops of branches breaking. And we could see lightning. It was both eerie and exciting. Until the power went off. That took the charm away real fast.
With no power, there's no heat. And we have little boys who are little enough that they wiggle around in their sleep, get out from under their covers and can't put the covers back on. We found all the extra blankets we had (which weren't a lot) and put an extra blanket on each child. I guess it worked since no one woke us up in the night complaining of being too cold. Our thermostat, which kept working thanks to a battery, let us know the temperature was in the 50s this morning in our house. So we huddled around our fireplace until lunch time when the power came back on. Ahh! Glorious heat. I'm so thankful.
This is what we found this morning:
| Our willow tree dropped a whole bunch of branches in our backyard. |
There are other big branches down in our neighborhood, but I didn't venture out to get good pictures of them. Curtis says there are large branches blocking several different roads in our neighborhood.
*I can't wait for spring. I'm already dreaming about the bulbs I planted in the fall.
2 comments:
I suppose now isn't the time to tell you that my daffodils are coming up...
.
.
.
and have visible buds...
*Big sigh of longing*
Post a Comment