| Huh? |
This morning I had a conversation with Michael that made me want to bang my head against a wall. It went something like this:
Vicky: Michael, time to get dressed.
Michael: (standing next to me, not getting dressed) Is Jesse here?
Vicky: (changing Peter's diaper) No, Jesse left for school.
Michael: (still not getting dressed) Is Daddy still here?
Vicky: No, Daddy took Jesse to school. Now get some clothes on.
Michael: (opening a dresser drawer) Do we have to take Jesse to school?
Vicky: No, Jesse is already gone. Get dressed.
Michael: (pulling out some clothes) I don't want to take Jesse to school.
Vicky: (starting to get seriously annoyed) We're not taking Jesse to school! Jesse is already gone. I just want you to get dressed.
Michael: (with a wail) But I don't want to go anywhere!
Vicky: (finally losing it) WE'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!! WE'RE STAYING HERE! I JUST WANT YOU TO GET DRESSED, OKAY?!!
I swear it was like I was talking to a brick wall. Nothing penetrated.
That's another gray hair for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment