Sunday, October 16, 2011

New neighbors

A curious thing happened a week or two ago.  While I was in the shower, one of our new neighbors came and knocked on our door and asked to be taken to the grocery store.  Perhaps not exactly an unusual request, but this was at 7:30 in the morning.  A little early, in my opinion, to go knocking on people's doors.

Anyway, Curtis agreed to take her.  But first, she told him, she needed to go cash a lottery ticket so she would have enough money.  Hmmm...curiouser and curiouser.  Curtis decided to wait in the car while she shopped so as to avoid a possible, "Oops, I don't have enough money.  Could you possibly...?"  When she was done, she was quite grateful and offered to watch our kids for us, or, if we wanted, to run a wire between the houses and get us some free cable.

Yep, it was a very interesting morning.  We later had to return to her her package of cigarettes she had accidentally dropped in our car.

We found out later that she is bipolar, but I'm unsure if that condition includes odd behavior.

No comments: